July 22, 2010

Wrapping up our month in Uganda

It's been difficult to update for the last couple of weeks as we've had a lot of work to do.
















We've been helping with a lot of community projects. One of these is the 'One Laptop Per Child' scheme. We've been working with Kasiisi school, which has had the privelege of being part of this scheme; Kasiisi has been given hundreds of laptops for use by the children. We've been working with Kasiisi to put software onto these laptops, such as simple games with the theme of conservation. From talking to the kids, I noted that the laptops have had a huge impact on their knowledge and learning style. We feel it's a good investment of our time to work with schools as children are keen to learn about conservation and can hopefully make a difference in the years to come.






The kids are so technologically minded, just from the introduction of the XO laptops.


The kids using my Canon EOS 5D




















1 comments:

Ashley Jordan said...

I heard a lot about One Laptop per Child while I was there. Kenneth (the friend who I met!) actually is the one who told me about it. I'm jealous you got to work with them, and I love the pictures!!

Post a Comment